- Assistant Professor of Political Science, Duke University (2017-present)
- Assistant Professor of Political Science. The University of Wisconsin, Madison (2015-2017)
- Collegiate Assistant Professor and Harper-Schmidt Fellow. Affiliated Faculty in the Department of Political Science. The University of Chicago. (Sept 2011-2015)
- PhD in Politics (2011)
Dissertation: “Freedom and the State in the Age of Market Economy.” Committee: Philip Pettit (Chair), Alan Patten, Nadia Urbinati, Alan Ryan, Anna Stilz
The University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and the Ecole Normale Supérieure,
- Agrégation de philosophie (2002)
- M.A in philosophy, summa cum laude
- B.A (Hon.) in philosophy (licence)
Publications and Works in Progress:
- Democracy in the Republic (Edited Volume with Yiftah Elazar, under contract with Cambridge University Press)
- Sharing Freedom: Republican Democracy from Rousseau to Durkheim (Under consideration with Yale University Press)
- Rousseau’s Economies (in progress)
Peer-reviewed articles and chapters in edited volumes
- “Rousseau on Freedom in Commercial Society,” The American Journal of Political Science 60 (2): 352-363, April 2016.
- “On Political Responsibility in Post-revolutionary Times: Kant and Constant’s Debate on Lying”, European Journal of Political Theory, online publication June 2015, forthcoming 2016.
- “Audi Alteram Partem: Rhetoric in Republican Political Thought,” in The Oxford Handbook of Rhetoric and Political Theory, ed. Keith Topper and Dilip Gaonkar, Oxford University Press, forthcoming.
- “Sur la neutralité libérale,” ed. R. Merrill and G. Rousselière, Les Ateliers de l’Ethique, La revue du CREUM, Université de Montréal, volume 4, n. 2, summer 2009.
- “Rousseau’s Theory of Value and the Case of Women” (Under review)
- “The power of political economy. Review of Sophus Reinert’s Translating Empire. Emulations and the Origins of Political Economy,” The Review of Politics, vol. 74, n. 3, summer 2012, pp. 530-3.
- Review of Jeremy Jennings’ Revolution and the Republic, History of Political Thought, vol. 14, n. 2, 2013.
For a pdf version of my CV: cv_september2016